The Soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.” ~ Khalil Gibran
- is a unique form of therapy that establishes the soul as a foundation for health and relationships. Soul, in this sense, does not refer to anything religious. Rather, “Soul” is seen as a life-force, an energy that animates all things in nature, from galaxies and stars, to mountains and trees, to animals and humans, and even to minute entities that are unobservable by the naked eye. The Soul has untapped powers to transform our life and our inner world, if we choose to allow it to express itself harmoniously.
- is based on evoking the soul to surmount the unique challenges and stresses in your life. This is a gentle and profound journey into the depths of mind and spirit. The techniques include psychotherapy (which, in essence, is based on the power of relationships and constructive communication), art-based therapy (which harnesses the power of imagination and creativity), and guided or unguided meditation (which facilitates the silencing of the mind to allow for a deep exploration of our psyche). Most importantly, it is a journey of spiritual exploration to create positive and long-lasting changes in one's life. The prerequisites for engaging in this form of therapy is a sincere commitment to invite more soul—more energy—into our life.
- focuses on empowering each client to bring forth the wisdom and clarity of his or her soul. Anchoring and reinforcing the newly gained insights, he or she may experience the following outcomes:
- Respond to stress with a positive life affirming approach
- Awaken the peace and clarity of his/her soul in daily life
- Discover powerful affirmations that counter the negative and self-limiting tendencies rooted in the subconscious mind
- Clear deep core issues and old traumas
- Develop an intuitive trust in his/her own inner voice
- Release anxiety, fear, and guilt
- Journey within one's soul to co-create a rich, abundant and successful life
As we clear away our psychological baggage, we feel lighter and freer, leading to profound benefits to total wellness of body and mind.
If we want to create real changes, it is essential to connect with our true self. Who are we underneath all the difficulties that we face? What are we learning? What qualities are we developing or need to develop? By connecting deeply with our core essence, we can have access to a part that can transcend the difficulties that we may identify with.
There are different ways that this can be used practically. Each person is unique and brings different issues and goals to therapy, so many counsellors take their lead from the person in how far the spiritual aspect becomes a direct way of working, or not. Therefore, you do not need to feel spiritual or have any interest in spirituality to benefit from a psycho-spiritual approach to counseling and psychotherapy. You can experience great healing and relief from being able to share your story in a safe, confidential and non-judgmental space. That may be all you want. Perhaps you simply want to learn strategies to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, depression, relationship or family issues. Or, you may want to create more long-lasting changes to enable yourself to deal with the underlying symptoms of your challenges, especially if you have recurring difficulties and patterns of behavior that are limiting your soul’s growth and evolution.
Whereas most psychotherapies aim to help you become a more balanced and integrated person, helping you manage stress and finding more fulfillment in life, a spiritual approach allows for a very positive way of perceiving and interpreting challenges, and connecting with parts of yourself that you have forgotten-those parts that have slipped into the unconscious.
In addition, the spiritual heart can help reduce and clear many negative emotions, and can assist you in responding to challenges or difficulties from a place of loving kindness and compassion to yourself and others. This is a fundamental ingredient to true happiness and wellbeing.
It is the quality of our life and how deeply connected we are to our Soul’s purpose, to a Divine Universal Source, to our True Authentic Self, to the people we love, to nature and the sacred, to our true passions, and to our heart’s desire to invite peace and harmony into existence, both within and without.